Mittwoch, 13. November 2013

my smartphone vita (ENGL)

Many cellphones, especially from the smartphone era, last only a short period of time. In reflection I remember good and stressful moments with those little helpers.

HTC Windows Phone 8s (color: atlantic blue)

I used Outlook and other MS office programs often, so back then I thought a Windows Phone should been a good idea. The HTC was also my fav in looks – and it comes with the Beats Audio jack and a 5 MP camera. The camera makes decent pictures! I’d recommend to use natural sun light but the flashlight is ok, too. There are some free games and apps for Windows Phone out there but not as much like for android. Calling myself a digital native, I use Facebook and YouTube on a daily base. The social media apps and the internet browser run perfectly. At home I use wireless lan with this smartphone and streaming music like from soundcloud. It has got problems with good old MMS though. The battery is also not replacable and the phone was broken after 2 years: 3 of 5 stars for average quality.




LG Viewty KU990i (color: silver)

I got this phone as a present… maybe 4 years ago and it’s still okay. It came with a headphone jack / headset adapter, touch pen, dc cable and USB cable. LG gave this small piece of electronic a lot of multimedia functions and a nice camera with a Carl Zeiss lense and flash light. I think this phone is one of the first smart phones ever: internet / google, emailing, music, videos and other apps! But of course it has got a obsolete OS and a very small touch screen. That causes trouble sometimes, if you want to write SMS / MMS the fast way. The battery life was dead after 2 years but I found a new one for just a few bucks. 3 of 5 stars because this cell phone has many functions but does not work smoothly.




Sony Ericsson K330 (color: green on black) 

I bought this one because I needed a solid cellphone for small money in 2009. And I also read something about music in the description: The headset has got a built-in radio. The camera is ok, too. But it has got a low resolution (vga: 640 x 480), the photos got some style anyway. I took a few and sent them to my computer via bluetooth, which is actually a nice feature. I think it has got WAP, too but I never used it. If you are looking just for a regular cellphonewith good knobs and high battery time, this might be the right choice. In the category of regular cellphones, I give this model 4 of 5 stars because it’s still working in 2015.




LG KE500 (color: bright silver)

I almost forgot this one. It wasn’t the cheapest but it last only for 12 months and startedbugging real bad. I bought a new battery and it didn’t work. BUT I had a lot of fun with this phone: It had cool keys and a slide function, so writing SMS was a real pleasure and thecamera was amazing! It had ‘only’ 2 MP but the pictures looked great – I used it for a couple of websites. Well… maybe this was the first generation of smart phones with the typical illnesses.2 of 5 stars, even if it hurts.




Samsung SGH E700 (color: blue / silver)

I got this phone from second hand because the owner bought himself a new one. Back in the days I liked the phone because it was catchy, solid and you could ‘fold’ it like the Motorola StarTAC. And it has two displays. The display on the front shows you time / date and who’s calling. The camera was hilarious: The photos probably looked so tiny like stamps but I think it was originally made for video telephony(?). One day I was walking down the street and it started to rain so badly… I couldn’t cover and the phone was still in my pocket. I ran at home and wanted to dry my littly baby but the display was broken already. 3 of 5 stars.




Motorola StarTAC (color: black)

The StarTAC was a revolution for the mobile phone market. It was light, small and had great keys. The display looked like a little Game Boy (remember the green / grey look). It came with a lot of cases and bags and I had different batteries because the batteries didn’t last that long. For the 90ies, it was a great looking and light cell phone with a mid-range battery time: 4 of 5 stars.




Motorola MicroTAC (color: black)

Well… this one was one of the first mobile phones for business people and tech nerds like me. But first of all… the MicroTAC wasn’t micro at all. It felt in my hands like a good old book: dark and heavy. I had two batteries: the light one (last just a few hours) and the big one which was heavier than the whole phone. The first mobile phones were made for fancy coupé cars and this was made for a bag… I mean a back pack. I always felt like a taxi driver. 3 of 5 stars for true innovation but the negative facts like low battery time and heavy weight.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen